Looking for a way to add value to your home? Check out this fun fact!
According to the National Association of the Remodeling Industry, if a bathroom remodel is tackled properly, homeowners will recoup 50% of the cost put into the project.
Now that's an easy way to add some value!
What's it cost?
- On average, adding a bathroom to an existing space costs $15,000 or between $5,000 and $35,000.
- Adding onto your home with a finished bathroom costs $20,000 to $50,000 on average.
*Using existing space costs 40% to 60% less on average than adding space on.
- High end additions, like a master bath or with more space for a spa like feel, can run $75,000 to $90,000.
The amount of ways you can customize a bathroom are close to endless!
This is why the price tag on a bathroom remodel can fluctuate SO much.
Here's some things to consider when you start thinking of a new bathroom remodel (and the price):
What is your vision when all of this is over?
Are we keeping anything from the existing space?
Are we taking it down to studs? +reframing +insulation +drywall +paint
Are we changing something structurally?
+Permit fee +Engineering fee/Architect Fee
*IMPORTANT NOTE: At this time, the City of Milwaukee is about 4-5 weeks out on approving building permits.)
- Fixed Shower head
- Body Sprays/jets
- Towel Bars
- Faucet (What finish are you thinking? Chrome, Brushed nickle, polished brass, chrome and brass, or other?)
- How many vanities do you need and what size?
- Medicine Cabinent?
- Is it drywall, plastic, wood, other?- Prime, Paint, & Tape- Is there texture to match existing?
- Ceramic/Granite Tile
- Granite Slab
- Solid Surface
- Ceramic tile
- Radiant Floor? (Heated)
- Exhaust/Lights (and how many)
- Recessed lights?
- Heat Lamps?
- Pendant lights?
Other items to consider:
Are we adding wall tile? Tile in shower? A niche?
Are you replacing base trim? +material +labor
Are you replacing windows/doors? +material +labor